Legal notices | Privacy & GDPR
Welcome to The Mount view Marazion website, which is the property of Michelle and Tim Stevens, Mount View, Back Lane, Marazion TR17 0HE, United Kingdom. If you continue to browse and use this website, you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions of use, which together with our ‘Bookings Terms & Conditions‘ govern Mount View Marazion’s relationship with you in relation to this website. If you disagree with any part of these terms and conditions, please do not use our website.
The terms ‘Mount View Marazion’, ‘Mount View’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ or the ‘operator’ refers to the owner of this website whose contact address is: Mount View, Back Lane, Marazion TR17 0HE, United Kingdom. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
Mount View is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from November 2019
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
* title, first name and surname, postal address
* contact information including email address and telephone numbers
* demographic information such as postcode, preferences, business sector and areas of interest
* other information relevant to your booking, customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
* Internal record keeping.
* We may use the information to improve our services and facilities.
* We may periodically send promotional emails about special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. We will only do this in accordance with the GDPR legislation (see below)
* From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web-page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Important information regarding COOKIES
At Mount View we may use two types of browser cookie:
We do use Google Analytics tracking code to measure our website’s popularity and the behaviour of our website visitors. This information is used to improve our customer experience, and to better inform our promotional efforts and special offers for the benefit of our guests. By using our website we assume that you accept this common measurement method for website statistics. Again, no data about you is ever supplied or sold to a third party.
However, you may disable these tracking cookies in your browser at any time, by following instructions at the links below, (or otherwise locating cookie rules in your browser’s help files).
Important note: You may disable or delete the Google Analytics tracking cookie, but if you wish to book online with us, you must not disable Mount View / Stripe / Beds24.com shopping cart cookies.
Instructions for Disabling cookies in common browsers:
Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835
Google Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en-GB&answer=95647&p=cpn_cookies
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
* whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
* if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about our other products or services which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
Notes and undertakings following the new “GDPR”- (General Data Protection Regulation)
(Why we collect your personal data and what we do with it)
When you supply your name, address and other details to this business they are stored and processed for the following reasons (the words and phrases in bold are the relevant terms used in the General Data Protection Regulation):
1. We need to collect personal address or other booking information about you to provide you with the holiday letting that you order from us. Your ordering of your stay at Mount View and our agreement to provide the letting constitutes a contract. You can, of course, refuse to provide the information, but if you were to do that we would not be able to provide you with customer support, confirmations, or secure online payment services.
2. We have a “Legitimate Interest” in collecting that information, because without it we couldn’t do our job effectively.
3. It is important that we can contact you in order to confirm your bookings information, your booking status, or your contact details, or to otherwise update you on matters related to your stay at Mount View. This again constitutes “Legitimate Interest”, but this time it is your legitimate interest.
4. Provided that we have your consent, we may occasionally send you general information in the form of advice, special customer/guest offers, or newsletters. You may withdraw this consent at any time – just let us know by any convenient method.
We have a legal obligation to retain your records diligently and securely, but you can ask us to delete any information we may hold about you, if you wish. Otherwise, we will retain your records for a period so that we can provide you with the best possible service, processing of bookings, and ongoing customer support.
Your personal data (generally your name, telephone number and home address only) is stored:
a) At our offices which are always locked out of working hours.
b) Electronically (“in the cloud”), using a specialist backup software provider. This provider has given us their assurances that they are fully compliant with the General Data Protection Regulations. Access to this data is password protected and is over encrypted connections HTTPS.
c) On our office computers. These are password-protected, backed up regularly, and the office is locked out of working hours.
d) Your debit or credit card details are not stored by us, but are handled securely by our payment gateway provider ‘Stripe’. We do not store any payment card information on our own website. All transactions are handled and completed by Stripe’s online payment service. For Stripe terms and conditions and their privacy statement, please visit their website at: https://stripe.com/gb
We will never share your data with anyone who does not need access without your written consent. Only the following people/agencies may have access to your data:
• Beds24 booking service and Stripe online payments gateway provider
• Our company staff, because they organise our bookings and provide customer support
• Other administrative staff, such as our bookkeeper or accountant
From time to time, we may have to employ consultants to perform tasks which might give them access to your personal data. We will ensure that they are fully aware that they must treat that information as confidential, and we will ensure that they sign a non-disclosure agreement.
You have the right to see what personal data of yours we hold, and you can also ask us to correct any factual errors.
You can also ask us to erase your records. (For payment card information, you would need to contact Stripe payment services directly).
We want you to be absolutely confident that we are treating your personal data responsibly, and that we are doing everything we can to make sure that the only people who can access that data have a genuine need to do so.
If you feel that we are mishandling your personal data in any way, you have the right to complain. Complaints need to be sent using the contact details below:
Here are the details:
Address: Michelle and Tim Stevens, Mount View, Back Lane
Marazion, TR17 0HE.
If you are not satisfied with our response, then you have the right to raise the matter with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
See also our: